First aid refresher evening
This course lasts for 2.5 hours from 6pm to 8.30pm (on select dates & locations only) and is open to all those caring for birds of prey who already have a background knowledge of caring for those who are unwell of injured. It is facilitated by Fens Falconry staff and our Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (RCVS) approved practitioner in zoological medicine from Toll Barn Veterinary Centre Ltd.
This is a 2 ½ hour update session covering the following topics;
• understand recent updates in field treatment techniques
• recognise signs and symptoms of infectious diseases and zoonoses
• how to provide appropriate precautions
• treatments & isolation
• discuss the need for vaccinations and parasite treatments
• discuss feeding and supplement requirements
By attending this course you will be entitled to open ended advice and guidance to support the treatment of birds of prey free of charge.
This course is £30 per person and you will be taught in a group of up to 10 people and is 100% classroom based.
Refreshments are provided along with a certificate of attendance.